Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket

 


Back a year or so ago did a series on TikTok where I made socks themed with colors based on characters. I was considering doing it again but did not know if I could focus on the socks long enough, then I thought everyone loves blankets. I had this great idea to make a universal pattern/idea that I would work with any theme or inspiration. With a little trial and error, I came up with this 6 square granny blanket that s about the size of a lap blanket depending on your tension. Each granny square has 10 rows as well as the border row that connects them all. After doing the themed colors choose a matching color for the outside and started another row on each. When I get to the side to connect instead of chaining between each I place the hook through the chain on the other square, yarn over, and pull through to connect. Oh, and for each square, I make the first letter of the character's name to make it a little more personalized. For this little series, I will be making TikTok's as well as posts talking about what I did for each square and the thought process behind them. 


Pooh Bear's Square

I did yellow and red for the shirt. This and the next square u thought when making it would be 8 rows so that's what I was basing the spacing and then added the last two rows last minute. And did a red "P."

Piglet's Square

I did one pink for the head and feet, then two other pinks going back and forth for the stripes on their stomach. As well as a pink "P."

Tigger's Square

I did a few orange rows beginning and end and then just went back and forth with black for the stripes. As well as a black "T."

Eyore's Square

My girlfriend and I had decided that the inside of the square, or the starting rows, are the feet or butt of the character. Started with black for the tail at the end of his fur, then pink for the bow and the rest is blue. As well as a black "E."

Rabbit's Square

I had found a perfect pale yellow that happened to be shiny and I could not pass up using it. then an off-white for the stomach and finishing off with the yellow. As well as a pink "R" for his little nose.

Roo's Square

Started with brown, blue for his shirt, and brown again, a funny story though, I ran out. Decided to undo some of what I had done and add a few clusters of pink on either side of the left and the right for his ears. As well as a blue "R."


And connected it all together with a light blue for the sky, though it was also close to being green for the color of the forest. 


I think this went really well and I can't wait for the next blanket as well as to gift this to someone later on. Most of my projects are Christmas gifts but we will see. Since you are here you get a sneak peek into the next blankets theme... Well actually you just get to know the theme, it will be Rick and Morty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern