Granny Bucket Hat Pattern



Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Make a magic circle or chain 4 and slip stitch into the first chain.
Row 1: Place 10 single crochets into the circle.
Row 2: Place 2 double crochets into each stitch (20).
Row 3: Place a granny stitch cluster (3 double crochets all in the same spot) between every other set of two double crochets (10 granny square clusters.) Do not chain in between clusters!
Row 4: Place a granny cluster between each previous cluster.
Row 5: Increase all clusters. Into each opening place two clusters (20 clusters)
Row 6-14: place a single granny cluster between each previous cluster like a regular granny square worked in rounds (20 clusters in each round, so between every 3 double crochets.)
Row 15: Increase all granny clusters (40 granny stitch clusters)
Row 16: Place a granny cluster between every previous cluster (40 granny clusters)

Every starting stitch you add ads about an inch to the main part of the hat. I am going to include some data from the tests I had made and you can decipher it yourself. These inches are measured when it is laid flat which is about half the circumference.

Starting Single Crochets - Average Inches
7 - 9
10 - 10.5
10 - 11
12 -13

Once again TikTok has caused me to make something awesome. Tiktok has such cool things and I have previously talked about how much I love the TikTok crochet community. And durring2020 many fun things have come across TikTok. Bucket hats being one of them. I never really jumped on the bucket hat trend because if you know me at all I hate circles. because of the slow increase, it is something that isn't fun for me, small circles with quick increases are fine.

Anyway, granny squares that are worked just a little differently can make a circle that curves in on itself. I have previously made a granny hat but this one is different because it is never a square, I might make another partner similar to this, but for now, this one just uses granny clusters. and to make the wavey brim of the hat you increase after the main part of the hat. Honestly, I love this, it did take me a few tries but I think it turned out really great. There are not a lot of different types of bucket hats, a lot of them are made the same. And not a ton of people make bucket hats I know a lot of the bucket hats came from the trend on TikTok but that doesn't make it any less fun. I also cant wait to see what crochet TikTok brings in the future I love making new things that I can gift. There are plenty of things on there that are clothes of some kind but I'm not a huge fan of them because I don't wear them myself and I feel it's weird to gift because a lot of the time it's a specific type of clothing that I don't personally know anyone that would like it.

Also, one little note I want to make is in the process of making the bucket hast I noticed something. I want to add this because I don't know if I will ever make anything out of it but if you stop after row 5 and curve up the ends a little, it looks like a tiny cowboy hat. This is a granny stitch cluster pattern. Do not chain between the clusters!

This is still one of my favorite patterns, I do not know how many people will wear this but it is so cute and of course, I mention I got it from TikTok, you can do so many things with it and like anything with crocheting it can be customized in so many ways. I do want to make a green one with little frog eyes at the top similar to the one you might have seen on TikTok or just on the internet as well. I really love the tags I can make on this blog because I can of course make regular ones sectioning off all the different types but also fun tags like things that are my favorite. I plan on making a tag for pride month something along the lines of "Make It Gay" or something like that. If you don't know what I am talking about under this post you can see some bubbles with the tags "Hats", Patterns", and "Current Favorite Patterns." You can also find them on the side tab to the left. There are so many tags and I get so excited when I can make a new one! of course, though you can make anything with flag colors I wanted to make some cute ones that I plan to make for myself maybe in a way you might not have thought of. One major point of my blog is to be an inspiration. I don't always expect people to follow patterns to a "T" but to create your own awesome creation even if it is just the colors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket