Toilet Paper (In Case 2020 Ever Happens Again)

 
Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Chain 13 

Row 1: Working into the second chain from the hook place 12 single crochets down the chain. Chain 1 and turn.

Row 2-70: Work a single crochet into each stitch, chain 1, and turn. after the last row fastens off and wrap around some sort of tube for a perfect toilet paper effect. (12) 


Now this one is special. It is a small and simple pattern but it has a lot to say. 2020 was a long year and if you remember about a year ago from now we went into lockdown. I mean I do not know how you could forget and for once it is not just a one-country kind of thing, it was worldwide. And no I am not going to go into politics because that is not what this page is about. But the main thing I remember when covid started was my friend tagged me in a post with crochet toilet paper and I thought it was funny but had no reason to make it. Funny enough I wanted to make it as a gift for my friends and I came up with the line "Just in case 2020 ever happens again" and I thought it was one of the funniest things and I am going to, and have made toilet paper for my friends. 


I think this year has been really hard on all of us and this next year of 2021 won't be a sudden fix but I know its better already, I was actually available to get my shot at the end of January, and though I did have side effects and it took 3 different appointments because my towns doctors suck after finally getting it, I feel really happy and grateful I was able to get it. 


Anyway, I tried to find a pattern for inspiration and when I tried their measurements it never fit right so I just had to have a trial and error time with toilet paper. And though I did measure it to a real toilet paper, I was making it for my five different friends and it would take a while to collect real toilet paper rolls and it just felt weird so I actually got a tube from wrapping paper from Christmas and cut it up to the right size. Honestly, I think this is really funny and I can not wait to give it to my friends this year, I have multiple fun things and this one is just adding to the fun of what hopefully 2021 will be. I also love how simple it is and how it is such an appropriate gag gift after 2020 and I know if I had my own place I would absolutely put one of these on like the back of my toilet or something because it is just so fun and creative and I know actually that the first photo I saw was from before 2020 because I remember seeing it but it still makes it fun. If you make one please show me I would absolutely love it.


I still think this is such a fun gift I haven't been able to give it to my friends yet because their birthdays have not come up yet but it is so simple you get to recycle either a real toilet paper roll or a cut wrapping paper tube or anything else cylinder like in your house. I think it is so cheeky and easy, takes you less than a few hours and I am still just so happy with it I can not wait to see my friend's reaction!


it is kinda crazy now that 2020 has passed that it was real at all. It feels like when your family tells you a story when they were young or something that just does not sound entirely real. I mean I lived through it, we all did, but it feels like a story. It was crazy when it happened how much and how quick, and now looking back it is just as insane. Surprisingly 2021 is going pretty well, we still have Covid but we are getting the vaccine, I actually got mine really early on in February which was amazing I was so happy to get it and realized even though the specific place I got it kept delaying and stressed me out because my family got it but somehow I was not on the list even though it was made at the same time. But I did eventually get it and it was like a sigh of relief. We are all getting a step closer to "normal" not that the world will ever be really normal again but I feel like we are slowly coming out of this cocoon 2020 put us in, feels like we can see the light of the world again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket