Reversible Octopus Pattern



Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Make two for the two faces/sides you want. 

Magic circle or chain 4 and slip stitch into the first chain.

Row 1: Work 12 single crochet into the circle.

Row 2: Increase all stitches by working two single crochets into each stitch.

Row 3-9: Work a single crochet into every stitch continuing to work in a round. 

Round 10: Decrease all stitches with a single crochet by combining two single crochets together

Row 11 (tentacles): Single crochet, work 8 double crochets into the next stitch, single crochet into the next, and repeat. 

Row 12: Invert both octopuses and tie their ends (from the magic circle) together so their heads will not deflate. Then aline the two octopuses where one is stuffed in the other you will single crochet all the way around the bubble legs, connecting the two. By switching your hook into both stitches from each octopus and then place single crochet. (you can also slip stitch this but I prefer single crochets.)


I do not know if you have ever tried to write but sometimes something ends up happening and it gets deleted. I wrote out this whole post last night and it got deleted, I am honestly disappointed because I feel like I worded things perfectly but I will try and get all my points in here. I hate rewriting posts because I feel like my original thoughts are the most genuine and I prefer it that way. Anyway, this cute octopus idea was brought to my attention with once again TikTok's help. There was a video that went viral last year about someone who had a gremlin pillow and one side was the regular one and the other was the angry one and they said when they went to sleep they would pout whichever mood they were feeling. Right after this went viral, people used their sound to show this little reversible octopus plushie and it ended up going viral as well. People showed them using them to show their partner who they were feeling by reversing the plushie to their mood. I thought about how I could try and make that. This actually was not my first try, when I did the first try I did not want to put a face on because I did not know if it would work, so I had to sew on the face afterward which made it look a little wonky. I actually had to make it again because I made it so long ago and never wrote down the pattern, I knew the main point but forgot the exact stitch count, but I figured it out obviously. I do regret the faces on this one so I apologize but that is strictly however you do it, but the body and actually octopus is perfect and I am really proud of it. I do want to note that the pink side I did mess up so it does look a little wonky but if you follow the pattern correctly it will look like the white side on both sides.


I came up with an idea for this cute little guy. For pride month in June, I want to try and make a little octopus with a flag on either side of the flip. Personally, I am Bisexual as well as Aseucal, and though it is not something I switch between I think it would still be cute to be able to display either one. I also thought though it would not personally apply to me, for people who feel like different genes different days could have one that flips between two genders and have it flipped to whatever one they are feeling for the day. obviously the mood one is cute but I never really use it it is just for display in my room. I still think it is cute and love this pattern, I also love the fact that it does not require stuffing, you can stuff it if you want I have seen people make similar patterns and stuff it but this one will stay up without it and look just as cute. I would love to see all the different combos and ideas you come up with. I have said before why I don't like stuffing, actually makes me want to write an entire post. This is a little stuffie guy you can make for yourself or a friend and all you need is a hook and some yarn. This is honestly just a simple wholesome project you can make for yourself or anyone you love, you do not even have to make one side mad, they can just be happy and maybe extra happy. You can do anything and if you are really talented maybe you can make one side hungry and let your girlfriend let you know when they are hungry.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket