Pouch Bag Pattern



Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn


Make 2 of these

Make a magic circle or chain 4 and slip stitch into the first chain.

Row 1: work 13 single crochets into the circle working in a round.

Row 2: Work 2 triple crochets into each stitch.

Row 3: Place a granny square cluster (3 double crochets with chain twos between each cluster) between every 2 triple crochets (13 granny clusters all around)

Row 4: Work a granny cluster into each opening all the way around. (13)

Row 5: In each opening place 4 double crochets, chain 2, and repeat. (13)

Row 6: Place 2 double crochets between every 2 double crochets. (in the opening and the middle of each 4 double crochet clusters.) (26)

Row 7: Work a regular granny cluster in each opening. Fasten off the first circle here. (26)

Row 8(with both circles done): Place both circles together, lining them up flat. We are going to be working on the sides of both connecting them. Place a single crochet into each double crochet (from both circles) and one single crochet in the opening (NOT TWO). Stop before the last 4 clusters (or however big you want the opening) and instead of connecting them, we are going to be working on both sides. First chain 3 and then work double crochets on one circle, skipping over the first single crochet, continue on the other circle, and slip stitch into the third chain creating a round.

Row 9: Chain 3 and work double crochets all the way around the opening. Once you slip stitch back into the third chain we are going to make the strap. You can do this in a number of ways, I made 85 foundation single crochet and I slip stitched twice to the other side of the opening and worked back down the foundation single crochets placing a single crochet. Meaning the strap is 2 rows of single crochet. Slip stitch back where we started the foundation single crochet and fasten off. 


I saw an inspiration photo on Instagram with a flower and such and I just loved the idea of a circle bag and I immediately thought it looked like a game pouch-like from animal crossing or legend of  Zelda so that's exactly what I did. The thumbnail is the plain one because this is just the pattern for the base itself and not whatever theme I make because this pattern can be used for all different types of nerdy pouches and I did not want to narrow the idea of this pattern because of what I wanted to do. I will post themed things soon but I am focusing on other things currently. Anyway, I made this pattern in just a day and the first color I tried was yellow was because I was trying to make an animal crossing money bag, look forward to that you will probably see that on my Instagram sooner. If you have any similar ideas or recreate this pattern please let me know on here or on Instagram I would love to see your interpretation. 


Comments

  1. I am pretty sure about this information you shared because its really helpful for everyone.
    cute smell proof stash bags

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket