Kitty Collar Pattern

 

Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Chain 25 (or 10 inches) and connect with a slip stitch into the first chain. We will be working in a round.

Row 1-5: Work a single crochet into every stitch. You can make it longer or shorter if you please but I thought this was the perfect size for my average healthy cat. 


My cat is one of my favorite people and I have always wanted to crochet her something but a lot of patterns normally are for dogs. I did try a hat pattern a while back and it was a big fail but I have a few ideas and know more since I have made that so you might see a cat hat soon. But anyway I could not find a good regular color for cats, I wanted to make something that she could actually wear day to day. Something simple that I could also change for different seasons and holidays. This is not tight at all so if she did get stuck she would absolutely be able to get out, it is not meant to hold tags or anything like that, it is just decorations, and my cat actually has a flea collar and this fits perfectly over it. You can add things like bells which I will add to my next collar. It is a super-fast project that I feel has a great outcome.


I want to try sometime soon to work with this pattern and maybe try different stitches and maybe make bubbles of flowers or something along those lines. If you recreate this pattern or change it up I would love to know to tag me on Instagram or leave a comment. And if you are wondering, yes I will be making more of these for my cat because she looks so darn cute. I plan on making a pink one for Valentine's day, and a green one for St Patrick's day. Not going to lie I might make those right now. Anyway but there is so much you can do with such a simple pattern. 


I am just going to take a minute to talk about how much I love cats, and specifically my cat. I have a cat named Princess she was born in 2008 and we got her from my grandma the same year. We have been together through everything and I love her with all my heart. She deals with everything I do to her, including failed projects such as the hat I was talking about, I had tried to look up a pattern and follow it but it was just so but and tall for some reason but I know the idea behind a hat and I just need to make a pattern myself. You can find some adorable pictures of her soon on my Instagram, I will update on there when I make different ones for her, I have been waiting to really get into my Instagram but hopefully, soon I will be able to show everything off. But once that does happen I will update it all the time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket