Jar Of Hearts And Heart Applique Pattern


Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Heart Pattern:
This pattern is worked in all one row so I am going to list the steps in an ordered list but everything is worked in the circle.
Magic circle or chain 4 and slip stitch into the first stitch.
Chain 3
3 triple crochets
3 double crochets
chain 1
1 triple crochet
chain 1
3 double crochet
3 triple crochet
Chain 3 and slip stitch into the circle and fasten off. I personally tie the two ends together and use them to tie them onto something or cut them off.

Well, this is later Carolann and all of this was a waste of time. This is still a cute idea and a great pattern but he did not appreciate any of it really, hated one thing I made him, wanted to throw it away but wouldn't give it back, and then broke up with me a few months later to be with his best friend. Not to be one of those downers but not everyone is going to appreciate your work. Which sucks and hurts and if anyone else has felt that we had that happen to them I would love to see your work and know that i appreciate it, art isn't always for everyone, and take this as a lesson, if your partner doesn't appreciate your work, even wants to throw it away, red flag, break up with them. I know it sounds small but it ended up showing more sides of him not caring about really anything I do or how I feel. If it matters to you especially in some sort of art fashion, it should be important to your partner. Now on to optimistic and sad little old me from months ago. 

Guess who has a valentine

This year I wanted to get creative with my Valentine’s Day gift. Well not that I haven’t been creative before but my talent with crocheting has gotten increasingly better in the last year and I wanted to make a few things for Valentine’s Day. My first thought was of course hearts and that’s what this is! It’s a jar full of hearts with a cheesy little saying on the front. I have seen something similar online before of the idea of a jar of hearts, people have done 3D ones or even origami but this one is super simple and did not take me more than half an hour.

I have a mixed relationship with Valentine’s Day, I absolutely love it and what it stands for because I love love. I am a hopeless romantic but I have also been dumped on two different February’s right after Valentine’s Day. So I am not going to lie I am I little weary of this month but I still wanted to give it my all because I am not the type of person just to give up because I’ve had some bad ones before, and I have a wonderful boyfriend this year and I don’t think this will be another bad Valentine’s. If you are wondering on top of the jar of hearts I got some candy, a Willy warmer I also made because it is an inside joke between us but you can actually check out the pattern here on my blog, and a little mailbox I have filled with anime-related Valentine’s because my little boy is a weeb.

You can do this idea with tons of different things, maybe next year I will make a big part appliqué and fill a jar with those. Also, you do not have to spend any money on this little DIY, the jar I used is actually an old salsa jar that I cleaned out as well as cleaned the label off, do not sniff the inside though it might still smell like salsa.

Also do not worry I thought I would need somewhere around 20 or 30 hearts but I only ended up making less than ten. You don’t want them squished you want them to look like hearts so they just end up sitting lightly on top of each other. Another cool thing is you can do any color combo you want if you want to do the person's favorite color or sports team, the ideas are endless. I think I did a really good job this year on Valentine’s Day gifts. I think they are funny and creative and I’m so excited to gift them, of course, though I was a little cliche and got some chocolate. I think the Willy warmer and the Valentine’s are the best part and I think he will absolutely love them and this is something that he can keep in his room forever and look at it and think of me, honestly though it would also be a fun thing to break.

You could make this and fill it with hearts and broken promises and just break it. You know I gotta include all those single people, break this and send me pictures.

Happy Valentine’s Day y’all I hope you have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket