Jack From Adventure Time Wrist Cuff -

 


Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn


Cuff (Yellow/Gold): Chain 24, slip stitch into the first chain without twisting. Chain 1 and work a single crochet into each chain. Slip stitch into the first single crochet, chain 1, and repeat for a total of 12 rows. You can check out the full pattern here.

 Eyes:

Black - Make a magic circle (or chain 4) and place 5 half double crochets. In the next row place 2 single crochets into each stitch. 

White - Make a magic circle (or chain 4) and place 5 half-double crochets into the circle. 

Nose:

Black- Make a magic circle (or chain 4) and place 7 single crochets inside. Change to the yellow of the cuff. Chain 4 single crochet. Single crochet into the 4 chains you just made Place 2 double crochet in the next 5 stitches. Chain 4 and place 4 single crochet into the newest chains, slip stitch into the stitch right before you made the chains, and fasten off. 

Ears:

Yellow- Magic circle (or chain 4) and place 5 double crochets inside. Fasten off. I personally slip stitched the working yarn to the opposite side as the tail end yarn so I could tie it on the cuff. 


This year I decided I wanted to make my entire Halloween costume, also yes I know this is late but I have been behind on a lot of things for the last two months but I am finally getting along. This is one of the first things I did for my costume, I really wanted to include some sort of jake but I didn't want a stuffed animal so I came up with the idea of doing some sort of wrist cuff which was actually the first wrist cuff I ever made. I made a previous one with double crochets and legs and arms but at the end of the day, it didn't look right. But this was my second test and I love how it turned out, it wasn't exactly what I was going for since I did want legs and the pattern is a little weird but I think it looks like the character, and is was pleased enough with the end result.


I originally had the nose in two different pieces but I could not get the shape right as well as the original cuff was twice the size. But with the current size, it ends up being a square when laid flat which is really good for designs.


Honestly, adventure time means a lot to me. I have so many memories of watching it when I was in a bad place. When I watch it I have a lot of feelings and I thought if I was going to do any cosplay it would be something I had a lot of fun with even though I had a lot of errors in making the entire cosplay. I am not sure what I am going to do with the pieces now but they were defiantly dun to make. I currently have them in Finn's backpack with the rest of the cosplay. I don't know if I want to make another cosplay but I had a lot of fun, the main thing that sucked was that I couldn't really show it off due to covid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket