Granny Stitch Scarf

 


Free Pattern:

Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn


Chain 200 (about 50 inches) and connect to the first chain to start working in a round. 

Row 1: chain 3 and place 2 double crochets into the next two stitches. Chain 1 and skip one stitch. Place one double crochet into the next three stitches. Chain one and skip one stitch. Repeat this pattern.

Row 2-15: repeat row 1 but instead of working in stitches place the double crochets into the openings created by the single chains. the same way you work any granny stitch.


You can make this however long or short, it is usually is wrapped around the head twice as displayed in the picture above. 


I have made a previous scarf pattern but the reason I wanted to try a new one is, honestly, I got bored with the other one. Some stitches can get really boring, and some patterns. Granny stitches tend to be something I don't get bored of easily, it is just a stitch and pattern I have a lot of fun with and is relaxing. I am trying to make my patterns more fun for me since I am making so many and I have so many plans. I have a hand full of patterns that I want to try and make. 


I think with this pattern it would be really cool to make it extra long in length of chains and make it pink and it might look like a Thneed from Dr. Seuss's The Lorax. I really want to try and make some fun-themed items, not exactly sure who I would give it to but I think it would be a fun topic for both this blog and TikTok. 


I have been having some trouble focusing on the last few days. I want to make this my life, I want this to make me happy and it does, but no one else seems to support my dream of being a blogger because it seems like such a crazy thing. It is like being a movie star or musician. How is it so hard to support people's dreams? Especially since I am not asking anything of anyone. I know if I was with someone or someone in my family had a dream id want them to go for it, live their lives, and take all the risks. People forget we only live once, if I don't work hard on it now when I have the time and space, I don't think I will ever do it. I will be too busy in a dead-end job, and then soon after probably some kid to take care of because life just goes on. I am young, I am free to live right now with no bills, I can work on anything I want, create anything I want. And yet there are people who want me to grow up faster than I need to. And the funny thing it is not even my mom. She isn't in love with my life but she doesn't hate me for it either. One day this blog will make it, I will make it and I will be able to write and create as a living and I just have to keep believing in myself even if no one else does. I know a little personal for a crochet blog but I want this to be my life, and that means I have to share my life as well. If you have a dream, please go for it, we only live once and I want to be happy while I'm here. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket