Door Decoration Pattern

 

Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Start with chain 4 or a magic circle. (To begin each row chain 3 as the first double crochet) For any granny stitch-related pattern, when you slip stitch at the end of the row, you will also slip stitch across the cluster into the next opening where you will start your row with a chain 3.

Row 1: Chain 3 (counts as double crochet) and place 2 double crochets into the center, chain 2. Then place 5 granny clusters into the circle. For a total of 6 clusters. (each cluster being 3 double crochets with chain 2 between each cluster.) 
Row 2: This is an increase row, place two clusters into each opening.
Row 3-4: Because we are not working a square we will place one cluster into each opening. (To try and make it look like a w3reath I changed the color on the 4th row (1, 2, and 3 are white))
Row 5: This is another increase row, place two clusters into each opening.
Row 6: Place a single cluster into each opening.
Row 7: This is the last row. Place a single cluster into each opening but in this row, you will not chain 2 in between each cluster. This is the only row you will do this. With 3 openings remaining you will chain 37. Then skip two openings and do the last cluster of the row. This will create your handle. 

Add Ons:
For the front of the decoration, I put 1-9 appliques and attach them with scraps of yarn.
For the bottom, I cut a total of 81 pieces of yarn that are 22 inches in length. For each opening, I place and tie 9 pieces of yarn in a variety of colors. I choose the bottom 9 openings. Which you can count by skipping 6 openings from the handle on each side. 

I made this pattern because I really wanted to do a holiday-themed decoration and I had nothing on my door so wanted some sort of door decoration. A wreath was my original idea but the only way I could find was by having some sort of foam or wire to crochet around but that wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to be able to store it easily and I didn't want to spend any money (besides yarn) because I didn't know how many I wanted to make. I decided to make something themed on a wreathe which is why you see the white in the center to act as the empty space in the wreath. Honestly if for example, you have a red door I think a red center would be cool? I don't know how that would look with color schemes but that was the idea. It doesn't hold its shape super well. I do to a point but I have mine pinned on the sides. If you have it on your front door you'll just have to against it but I did only have one thumbtack on my door for a while but I wanted to try and hold it up more but it is not entirely needed. and I'm just really proud of this one because I made it without any real inspiration besides just a regular wreath.

As soon as I get the chance I will be posting all my monthly decorations. I actually made these a year ago and am just getting the chance to use them because the months are finally passing. Each one is unique and I love them all, eventually, you will find them on my Instagram so look out for that! Most of them are based on holidays such as Valentine's, Halloween, Christmas, and Saint Patricks Day. But for months with no major holiday, I tried to do seasonal colors and designs such as different flowers and color schemes. I think they all turned out perfect I even have some that I think are kind of funny. Such as my birthday is a donut and I love it, it turned out perfect, and instead of Fourth of July specific I did captain America's shield because honestly, America sucks. some of my favorites honestly, I think you can do so much depending on how creative you want to get! I would love to see yours!

This also gave me inspiration for a granny stitch circle blanket that I am working on, you should find that pattern on here soon! I was so excited about it because circles are the bane of my crocheting existence because I hate slow increases and even when I looked up circle granny stitches it still had slow increases that were super confusing if you aren't sitting in front of a pattern, but I have worked around it and made it super easy, even without counting! I am super excited to finish it and share it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket