Loom Knit Sock Pattern


Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

For this pattern, I used a 24 peg round loom. 

Start by casting on and wrapping your yarn around each peg where the yarn passes over itself using a knit stitch. 

For the first row, you will continue doing knit stitches by wrapping the yarn entirely around the peg causing the yarn to pass over itself and pull the first yarn over the wrap you just made.

To make the cuff you continue doing this until you have 12 rows (i count the v shapes on the inside of the loom.) Then you will take the cast on stitches you made and put them back on their corresponding peg to make the pattern fold on itself. Pull the yarn over to secure the cuff. 

For the ankle do a knit stitch for 10 rows.

For the ankle, you are only going to be using half the loom. To start stitch 11 pegs and then just wrap yarn around the 12th peg. Turn back and knit 10 and only loop the yarn around the first peg and turn. You will keep doing this making your area of work smaller until you have 4 loops on each side (and corresponding, you'll have 4 working pegs.) After you created your fourth wrap on the right side. You are going to stitch the 4 working loops as well as one of the wrapped pegs. Wrap the peg again and turn going back and work another wrapped peg on the other side. Continue doing this till all your pegs have one loop and you have returned to the first, starting, peg. 

For the body of the food you are going to knit stitch all around for 16 rows, or however long if you want shorter or longer, 16 has been good for me since my yarn is never tight it generally works for a lot of adults. 

Now for the end of the sock, you will do the ankle pattern going in and back out again. Once that is done you'll cut your yarn and put it through a yarn needle and pull the loops off the peg, starting with the one that you finished, and going back and forth left to right with each loop. 

Yes, I know this isn't crocheting. But everything I crochet is really simple and I still to this day can not find a sock pattern that looks like this while crocheting. I have made tube socks but I love the shape of these socks and they are the first socks I ever learned to make so I thought I would write them out. I still like to use this pattern the only thing I don't like about a loom knit is the way mine is made I have to pull down the yarn every round and it has ruined my nail on my thumb by damaging it because of pulling the yarn over and over. But I still love it I just can't do too much at once. I think it might be just the way I do it, let me know if any of you have also had this problem. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket