Granny Square Wash Cloth Pattern


Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

This is a granny square pattern, if you know how to do a granny square the only thing you might not know is the border.


To start chain 4 and slip stitch into the first chain, or make a magic circle.
Row 1: Chain 3, place 2 double crochets. Chain 2. Place 3 double crochets into the circle. Chain 2. Place three double crochets into the circle. chain 2. Place three double crochets into the circle. Chain 2. (Aka you'll have 4 double crochet clusters of 3 and 4 corners of chain 2s.) Clip stitch into the third chain. Slip stitch in the next two chains until you are slip stitched into one of the opening corners.

Row 2: (while in one of the corners) chain 3, double crochet twice. Chain 2, and double crochet 3 more times into the same corner. Each corner piece will have two clusters of three double crochet. Continue in each opening.

Row 3-7 (or however big or small): continue putting clusters of 3 double crochet, placing two chains in between each cluster and opening, and in each corner placing two clusters.

Row 8 (border): After slip stitching into a corner. Chain 3. Add 6 more double crochets into the corner. In the middle of the cluster of the previous row, the second double crochet, place slip stitch. In the next openings place 4 double crochets, and slip stitch in the middle of the clusters of the previous row. In each corner, you'll place 7 total double crochets, and on each opening, place a total of 4 double crochets, with a slip stitch in between. After the rows over, slip stitch into the third begging chain, and fasten off.

Now, this is an interesting pattern. not the pattern its self but why I made it. I wanted a washcloth pattern but I could not find anything that I really wanted to do. Yes, you can just single crochet a square and call it a day but I liked to do patterns I have fun with. Making a simple square with single crochets isn't very fun, honestly boring. This is not the most normal-looking washcloth but I think if folded it gets the job done, or more so if anything just will look really nice in your kitchen or bathroom. And it is my favorite type of pattern is that a granny square stitch. and the edge is super cute and I absolutely love it. Also, I just realized that I say the word absolutely a lot. I will admit I have never actually used this as a washcloth but I still enjoy making it and who knows maybe I will make a more realistic-looking washcloth. I think I like these ones though because they are fairly easy and I already know the pattern so I just make e really small blanket, and I mean is that not what some washcloths are anyway? I mean depending on the material. I am not sure why I am having so much trouble writing this one, again give props to people who write entire essays about a simple item, no idea how they do it. Do they just ramble? I mean that's what I do.

This is not the most perfect washcloth since it does have "holes" but if needed to be folded up it gets the job done and I think it is cute and I am a sucker for a granny stitch, I would, and do, do it all day. I want to make something similar but in the style of the decorative ones that tie around a handle of some kind, I think it would be super cute and just good for drying your hair or whipping it off quickly while working or cooking in the kitchen. I always love seeing those but like I said I am a sucker for a good granny stitch and would love to make a pattern for a hanging, decorative, granny stitch washcloth. That is definitely going to be something on my radar. Honestly, there are so many things I would love to do or try and do but either my attention span gets in the way or I want to do something else. But even then I still end up doing or making something new all the time! 

This is a very simple pattern, I am thinking about making some more versions but I really just love granny stitches, I really don't think I will ever stop looking and creating new patterns, even though it seems like you can't get more creative people to do, even just as inspiration. I cant wait to see how many posts there will be later on in the future.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket