Soda Cozy Pattern

 

Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Start by chaining 4 and slip stitching into the first chain, or a magic circle.


Row 1: Chain three and double crochet 9 times into the circle. Slip stitch into the third chain from the first three chains.

Row 2: Chain three and double crochet into the same space. Place two double crochets into each stitch creating a total of 20 double crochets. Slip stitch into the third chain from the beginning.

Row 3-9: Chain 3, double crochet into every stitch. Slip stitch into their third chain from the beginning. On the last row after slip stitching, fasten off to finish.

This is one of my simplest patterns but the one with the most story I think. So fun fact, every year my high school group of friends and I get together on St Patrick's day and have a party and celebrate. We have been doing it since our Junior year of high school is back in 2017. Every year we smoke and drink while wearing green and spend the whole day and get some food. 

Some years we do some different things. This year we went to a river and sat and hiked a little bit, skipped some rocks, and had a wonderful bbq where we cooked burgers, veggie ones for me, and smores. We eventually headed back to my place to play a few games of Mario kart and watch a movie. It was an amazing time as well as the others have been. The first one we went to one of the friend's houses where she made us dinner and we sat and chilled and smoked so much one of my friends had to be dragged into another room. we played with the siblings and the dogs and watched some movies, two of the friends in the group actually fell asleep on each other while my other friend and I sat and talked. The next year we were missing a friend but wanted to get really messed IP, we bought almost every type of way to get high and I practically died. This year was the one we joke about the most. We always laugh and have a lot of fun reminiscing. That year we watched a few movies while we all sat on the couch. Eventually, I went home with my partner at the time and fell asleep in the car, and once again when we got inside. The next year was the calmest year being we just had a nice dinner and hung out all together. 

This year was probably my favorite because I was the host. I kind of have become the new permanent host of the group but still. I love hosting. When I was younger I dreamt about holding dinner parties and Halloween and Christmas parties. It was a weird dream of mine that I still have. Anyway because I was hosting I wanted to make multiple things to get into the spirit of St Patrick's day. I knew I was going to make them hats, I also made a painting. I got chips and drinks and I wanted to make more. After much looking online I decided on a soda cozy, or also known as a beer cozy. I don't really drink beer but I did have cans of soda as the drinks. So with a few trials and errors, I made this cute little soda cozy pattern all by myself. I have made and altered patterns before but this one the one I did from complete scratch and only knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket