Shopping Mesh Bag Pattern





Start by chaining 50.

 Row 1: Double crochet into the fourth chain. Chain 2, Skip 2, and double crochet into now the sixth stitch. Continue doing this till the last stitch. In the last chain, double crochet, chain 2, couple crochet into the same spot, chain 2, and double crochet into the same stitch (50th) again. Creating a corner with 3 square (3 double crochets into the final chain. On the other side of the chains, continue double crocheting and chaining 2. On the final stitch (originally stitch 3) Double crochet, chain 2 and slip stitch into the first double crochet made by 3 chains (if I'm correct, originally the first chain, this kinda makes my head hurt). Creating the other corner with a total of 3 double crochets (including chain 3 from the beginning).

 Row 2-17: Chain five, double crochet into the double crochet from the previous row. chain 2 and continue this square pattern all the way around, Slip stitch into the third chain from the beginning.

Row 18: Chain 5 and create eight total squares. Then chain 27 (starting of the handle). count 27 chains to skip (or 9 squares) and double crochet into the next double crochet from the previous row. Create another set of 8 squares. Chain 27 again repeating the last step. Slip stitch into the third chain from the beginning.

Row 19-20: Repeat row 2 and create the squares again. On the 27 chains, skip 2 in between each double crochet. After row 20 is complete slip stitch into the third stitch, and fasten off.


This was the second bag pattern I learned and honestly, I love it so much. It's so easy once you get the hang of it. It does take a while because of the size if you aren't super into it but I think that's how it works with any project. This is probably my favorite gift to give nowadays since in Oregon they added a law requiring stores to charge for bags requiring people to get and use reusable bags. Since COVID that law has been a little loose but it is still better for the environment no matter what and it is one of my most useful gifts, I cant wait to give people bags for Christmas. These also look super cute with multi-colored yarn. I made one with a gradient between pink, orange, yellow, lime green, and cyan. It is so adorable that I actually kept it for myself. I definitely hope to find some new bag patterns to try out because bags are super useful and great for the environment. a lot of plastic bags get thrown into the ocean and animals can mistake them as jellyfish. Would you really want to eat plastic? I don't think so, and come on these are customizable and super cute. I hope this pattern is useful and can help you make gifts or just to help you go shopping, it can hold a ton even if it doesn't look like it. Definitely stable and I've packed plenty of gifts inside. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket