Body Scrubby Pattern (Loofa)

Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn

Start by chaining 4 and slip stitching into the first chain, or making a magic circle.

 Row 1: Chain three, double crochet 24 times into the circle (25 total). Chain 50 (or however long you want the handle) Slip stitch into the third chain at the begging to fish the round.

Row 2: Chain 3 And double crochet three times into the same stitch (4 total) Then in each stitch put 4 double crochets. Slip stitch into the third chain at the beginning to finish off the round.

Row 3: Repeat row 2. But at the end fasten off. You can add more rows if felt necessary but I like the size of three rows.

I learned to make this circle a little loofa or bath scrubby which is what I prefer to call it because I wanted to find a new thing to try and make as a gift for my friends. I am not really sure what to write about this pattern when I was planning what I wanted to give to my friends and family for birthdays and holidays, I saw a lot of bath-related crochet patterns in the recommended gift ideas. There were plenty of ideas like face scrubby's and washcloths, and I did end up; making washcloths but this one was really cute and I wanted to make one. The pattern definitely threw me off and I didn't think it would turn into a loofa but it does and it shows the magic or crocheting. 

I know I have said this before but I give mad props to people who write entire essays about a pattern. I still am not in love with the fact that it is always before the pattern and makes it impossible to get to the actual pattern but I do give them a lot of credit. I feel like I can write things pretty easily, I never had problems with word count in high school but when the project kind of speaks for itself and I do not have some amazing story of why or how this pattern came to be, it is just like trying to pull words from where the sun does not shine. 

Well since I have no idea what else to write about this pattern maybe I will update you on future projects. I have at least six more patterns but I do not have pictures yet so I have not been able to post them. I am looking forward to having all my patterns on my blog. One of my favorite patterns I worked really hard on and I have not even begun to try and write it out because I have so much to say and I want to get it right. I have not been working on any of my blogs very much lately because I am trying to work on all the Christmas gifts now that the birthday gifts are done. I have been planning and deciding and it has been taking some time. 

I have never actually used this bath loofa myself but honestly, this is one of my favorite patterns to crochet I don't know ow why it gets so fluffy and I love this little loofa. I might make some more this year. I do really have fun with this pattern and will probably stay on my favorite pattern list. If you want to check out some other favorite patterns you can check out the tag on either the side or right under this post. I think this p[attern looks the best with multicolor yarn because it can change and it increases a ton so it uses a fair amount of yarn. honestly, I just want to have a collection of them. Maybe I can make some sort of pet out of them. Like somehow add eyes and get rid of the wrist band and just have a little puffy, maybe add some arms. I just want to have a whole army of them. like they could look like little junimo characters from stardew valley. 

As I said this is just one of those more satisfying patterns even if it does not look like it I definitely recommend trying it out at least once. And it is said that you need to replace your bath scrubs or wash them every 3 months, so you can either throw this one out, which does not take long to make especially for yourself, or throw it in the wash and it is as good as new. I have been questioned if it grows mold and doesn't think it foes, I mean it might just like any other nonplastic thing but simply throw it in the wash. If you have a few you can throw them in the wash every time you take a shower and just change them out.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket