I Had A Really Great Moment.


One thing that took me a long time to get past, was the worry that if I gift people my crochet crafts, they wouldn't like it. And I am not saying they all do, but only recently I started giving people my items, because well, I'm running out of space. So I started gifting people, and so far no one has complained, I've actually had two people message me showing that they were using the bags I made them. Honestly made me really happy. Being recognized for your work is an awesome thing. I try my hardest to always and only make useful things. So like some people make stuff like stuffed animals which some people like, but most of the people I gift are adults. But even then there are some things people crochet or knit that I'm sorry are just kinda useless. I assume it's mostly for looks or clicks online, but I like to make things I hope someone could actually end up using.

Recently I had an annual party where I was the host. I decided to make things like hats, soda cozy, a painting, etc. Each person got a custom-made hat, with their favorite color, and a party-themed colored soda cozy they got to pick themselves. After the party, I noticed one of my friends had left their hat. I thought nothing of it because we actually went out to a river and spent the whole day together. I thought I'd just give it to them the next time I saw them, we generally try and hang out every month or two. A day later I got a message in the group chat where that friend had asked if be left the had, I told him yes and how I was planning on giving it back to him the next time we hung out. He then said how he was worried it had fallen out of his truck.

The fact that he remembered, and was worried made me so happy. Like I would totally understand if you forgot something like that, I forget shit, and people have forgotten shit at my house before. It wasn't something I had worried about or taken to heart. I could have taken that as he didn't care, but we were all stupid and high it wasn't something I took anything other than he just forgot, like a normal person. But the fact that he remembered and was worried he had lost it, just made me feel so appreciated. He probably didn't think of it anything other than just asking where it was. But to me, it showed that he cared.

Handing something handmade to someone is a different experience. It's not something that they are dying to get or expensive so there's no huge reaction, but I know most people appreciate it, normally they say thank you and put it away because they don't really need it right now. And that's fine. But I think a lot of people forget that it takes a lot of time and effort. I take a ball of yarn, just string, and turn it into a gift, something they can use, customized to them.

Anyway, it just meant a lot to me that he remembered so quickly and actually cared what happened to it.

I still really love this moment, I really love when people appreciate my work, I do not want to only give them the same stuff so I keep changing it which means sometimes they do not always love the gifts but I will never know unless I give it to them. Lately, I have been making blankets that people seem to really appreciate and sometimes my friends and family will show me them using my item which honestly really means a lot. My stepbrother showed me him using my crochet bookmark, my best friend showed me her using my bag, my other friend showed me him using the soda cozy I made him and I love it every time. 

Or one time I went to my uncle's house and had seen the scrunchies I had made my aunt and my cousin in their bathroom, even if they did not tell me it was awesome to see my projects even just lying around somewhere that's not my room, it is a weird sensation because it is different then anything online, it is physical something someone else holds that hold physical space in their home. It is odd but a good feeling, I love gifting my projects. I still try and find new projects all the time and I am always excited to see people's reactions, even my family will sometimes give nice comments, other times they won't but it is worth it when it is nice comments. If you crochet as much as me I totally recommend gifting, especially when you start to run out of space like I do all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket