BMO From Adventure Time Wrist Cuff



Free Pattern:
Us 5.5 mm or 5.00 mm crochet hook
Size 4 medium worsted weight yarn


Cuff (Teal): Chain 24, slip stitch into the first chain without twisting. Chain 1 and work a single crochet into each chain. Slip stitch into the first single crochet, chain 1, and repeat for a total of 12 rows.

Buttons:

Red (large circle)- Make a magic ring (or chain 4) and place 6 half double crochets inside.

Green (small circle)- Make a magic ring (or chain 4) and place 6 single crochets inside.

Turquoise (triangle)- Make a magic ring (or chain 4). Chain 3. Place 2 single crochets. Then a half-double crochet. Another 2 single crochet. One last half double crochet. Place another 2 single crochets and slip stitch into the third chain and fasten off. 

Yellow (plus sign)- Chain 3 and skip the first chain and place 2 single crochets into the chains. slip stitch into the circle. You'll repeat this process 3 more times creating the 4 edges of the plus sign. After the 4th slip stitch, do one last slip stitch into the original first chain and fasten off. 

Face:

Lighter Teal- Chain 9, skip the first chain, and place 8 single crochets into each chain. Chain 1 and turn. Make a total of 4 rows of single crochets. 

To make the face I sewed some black lines into the lighter teal square. 


Adventure time is such an amazing show that brings a lot of feeling when I watch it. I made this cuff when was I working on cosplay and I had also made Jake from adventure time as a wrist cuff as well. I had some troubles with this cosplay actually that kinda turned me away from it all. I had wanted to make blue shorts to go with Finn's outfit but the first pair you could see through them. I came to the conclusion that it was because of the dark color of the yarn and the fairness of my skin. I tried to make another pair first thinking they were too tight and somehow those just got messed up and I tried to fix them multiple times and continued to fail. I then decided I wanted to make a skirt similar to the original hoop skirt pattern that I had not gotten very far on, but the just was you put enough stitches in the beginning that it would be able to spread out no matter the size of the hoop. But I realized after making a lot of the skirt in this pattern when I tried it on I had stretched the band from the weight and was way too heavy to enjoy. It ended up being a massive fail and I spent hours looking through Pinterest to try and find something that would work in the style I wanted. I was kind of looking for a pleated look but there was only one pattern that looked good and you had to pay for it. I eventually found how to make a pleated pattern and did end up making a really cute skirt. But the whole ordeal of being on a timeline (Halloween) and failing so many times made me not really want to share any of it including the pattern. But these cuffs are so cute that now that the storm of holidays has passed and we are on to a new year I want to share them. Even if you don't make it as a cuff you can use the other details to make your own BMO of any kind. 


I think this is such a cute idea to make little cuffs, and it was such a simple idea and treat to add BMO to my Halloween costume. I love adventure time it truly has a special place in my heart. Every time I hear the end credit song it hits a spot in my heart. It feels safe yet it reminds me of when it helped me when I was in a bad spot. I don't always love doing crochet projects that require so much sewing with so many pieces but every once in a while it is super satisfying. I do want to post more specific content related to shows and games because it is something most people are into, everyone watches something or plays something it is just how the world is now and I don't mind, it is always fun to have people relate to the stuff you make, especially if it already had a special place in their heart and now they can make it for their own and be able to hold. I have said before that is why I love crocheting because you can hold it and it is physical and with the right pattern you can bring your favorite nonreal person to life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tube Socks Pattern

Mushroom Lighter Holder Pattern

Winnie The Pooh Granny Square Blanket